In this section, you can enable access to the Customer Portal for clients you have previously registered in the [CLIENTS] section or the [INVITATIONS] section.
To grant access to the portal for a client, click the Add New Client button at the bottom left. In the list of clients that appears, select the client you want to add and click the Add button.
Once you’ve added a new client or selected an existing client from the left panel, you can view their specific configuration in the right panel.
In the first set of options, you can enable or disable certain portal functionalities for the selected client:
- If you activate the option Show product prices in the catalogue, this client will be able to see the prices of your products when browsing the catalog. These prices are specified in the sheets of the corresponding connectors.
- If you activate the option Allow connectors to be downloaded for your products, the client can download the SCORM connectors for products they currently have contracted directly from the portal, i.e., for products with assigned licenses.
- If you activate the option Allow attachments to be downloaded for your products, the client can download additional material for contracted products. This material can be uploaded through the sheet of each product.
- If you activate the option Allow customers to request additional product licenses, the client can request more licenses for products they already have contracted through the portal. This is done through an order that the client sends, and you, as the scormNEXT administrator, will receive it in the [ORDERS] section. In that section, you can accept or reject the client’s order, and if accepted, as many licenses as the client requested through the portal will be added.
- The option Allow customers to request new product licenses is similar to the previous one, only in this case, it refers to whether the client can request licenses for products they have not contracted yet.
In the section Users with access to the portal, you can see a list of people invited to the portal for this client.
To invite someone from this client, click the Invite User button. Then, fill in the name and email address of that person and click the Send button.
The person you invited will receive an email with the details to access the portal. Remember that you can customize the template of that email in the [General Settings] section of the Customer Portal.
Next, on the right side, you can decide whether you want to restrict the folders in your catalog that this client can view. If you do not activate the option Restrict access to certain catalog categories, the client will be able to see all folders in your connector catalog that have the Visible in the Customer Portal option activated.
If you want this client not to have access to a particular folder, activate the option Restrict access to certain catalog categories and then deactivate the folder or folders you want to hide from this client.
Before continuing, remember to save the changes made by clicking the Save Settings button located in the bottom right corner.